Monday, September 17, 2007

I didn't spend it all...




Nah, I was thinking about spending all my ducats after joyfully receiving them on Friday, but I held back, remembering all the debts I have. I had a lovely weekend, got lots of sleep, and went to a party with great food on Saturday night. Shrimp, homemade whole grain pizza, a notable onion dip, and some very good homemade hummus. John is a great host, and I'm glad that he has brought his hospitality to the fair shores of Astoria from Chicago. John throws great food-oriented parties every so often, such as the annual Crab Sauce party, which could only ever disappoint if you were to miss it. In honor of him, I'm posting a photo of a cat that looks like his taking a nap. Can anyone identify this cat?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's my daaaad! that's my daaaad! coolest cat on the planet, i think. crab sauce won't be the same no more. neither will ricky's send-off from chi-town where the south side girls show up late with fried chicken from some joint on cicero or cermak. shit.

David Dust said...

That looks exactly like my cat Emmy - or maybe her evil twin.

Thanks for the comments on my blog, btw. I'm looking forward to learning more about condiments, etc. on Hot Chow!

Unknown said...

Is it Papagayo in cat form? Or your mystic familiar?

It actually reminds me of the cat that I stayed with in Barcelona. It's name was gris.

(PS> I'm color blind, so if the cat is actually black, it doesn't remind me of gris anymore)